Vitamins To Take During Your Period
Cramps suck, periods suck, and let’s face it, no one wants to deal with it every single month. But what if I told you that there were certain vitamins and minerals to help alleviate PMS symptoms.
- Magnesium can help relieve menstrual headaches. A magnesium and vitamin B combination can help reduce the physical symptoms such as bloating, back pain, headaches, nausea, etc.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids are the kind of fats that our body needs. Omega 3 will help fight inflammation and will help support the eyes, heart, joints, and brain. Omega will fight off several physical symptoms of PMS. Click this link to get your hands on one of the best supplements.
- Calcium has been found in several case studies to reduce fatigue and the dreadful cravings that occur around our periods. In addition (aside from calcium being known to support our bones and muscles). Calcium can also lower things like moodiness, depression, anxiety, and water retention that happens during that time of the month.
- Vitamin D should be mentioned next as this vitamin is essential for calcium absorption. Sure, vitamin D can be received by going in the sun, but many of us do not get nearly enough vitamin D that we need. High vitamin D intake can reduce the risk of developing PMS symptoms in general. 600-800 IU per day should be plenty for many individuals.
- Ashwagandha is an herb. But it is a very underrated supplement. It is often times called the “chill pill” and is known to reduce cravings, appetite, and stress. It contains chemicals that help to calm your brain. The root and the berry are actually used to make medicine.